Okay, last night I decided I should get to work on the update I’ve had in mind for months now. I upgraded to WordPress 3.0 (whole number update, exciting!) and then ten minutes or so ago I noticed the K2 theme, which I used as a template for my theme, had an update. After updating, my theme has been left behind in the old K2. Rather than restore it immediately, I am going to use this reversion to a dull standard format as incentive to get the new one done.
It could take several days, but I’m hoping to make good progress by tonight. We shall see.
Edit: This is not it by the way, this is the new theme that comes with WordPress 3.0, which I am playing with. Still working on the update, but it is taking longer than I would like trying to nail down a design I find exciting.