So, I’ve got my Mac, one of the newly upgraded white models rather than the spiffy aluminium ones. Here are my observations.
- I quite like the feel of the hardware.
- OS X is counter-intuitive for Windows users, and not logically so, oftentimes simply for the sake of being different.
- Pointer acceleration is mandatory for trackpad and mouse, which sucks because acceleration doesn’t go where I want and actually slows me down.
- I still hate trackpads.
- The screen has a poor viewing angle compared to my ASUS G1S, which is pretty great from most angles.
- The iSight camera is surprisingly high quality.
- The standard installation of OS X has 3GB of printer drivers to ensure the “it just works” factor. This is STUPID.
So, I guess I’ll get used to it over time, but so far, I am still very much on the fence as to whether I like it or not. As a side note, this is purely a music-only Mac, I won’t be transferring anything else like email or Photoshop or whatever else.